Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Recovery

I feel like I've spent the last couple of months on one of those sickening fair rides that spins you madly in a circle. The ride slowed down, and stopped, and I've gotten off, but I'm still reeling from the effects of the ride. I know I can't expect any sympathy, because obviously I did it to myself. I'm not really sure how it happened that my life became too busy to be bearable. I feel compelled to mentally search through the events leading to my too busy summer, trying to figure out where I went wrong. I want to be able to keep it from happening again.

I thought I had it all figured out, after previous experiences like Mary Ellen's too busy weekend. You can say yes to too many opportunities, or allow yourself to be talked into one too many obligations, or refuse to let go of the little things when in the midst of a crunch time. I thought I had figured out how to keep those insidious little events at bay. But I didn't. I know it's stupid to obsess over what already happened, instead of looking forward to future days that will (hopefully) continue to get more comfortable. Am I a control freak because I want to keep myself from falling into the same trap again?!

No comments: