Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How We Spent Sunday



My friend Stacie invited us to go boating with her family. They have a "banana boat". They pull it behind their ski boat like a tube, only it can hold 10-12 people. Very fun. A wild ride, though. We all have minor injuries, from sunburn (you know that one spot you miss with the sunscreen?!) to head bumps, to scrapes.

The kids loved it. The point of the day seemed to have been to try to shake the kids off the banana boat by driving the speed boat in so many loops and figure eights that they couldn't hold on any longer.

I fell off the banana boat once, got pushed off by my kids, got my face scraped up by the rope, and was seasick. I had a good time, but I think I might be too old for this kind of a good time...I still felt seasick a day later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a ton of fun. Except for the sea sickness, rope burn, and sun burn.

I would love to do something like that but am very cautious and don't like people F#$@ing with the thing I'm riding on trying to tip me over. So, I never end up going.

Melonary said...

Wow, two posts in one day!