Sunday, February 05, 2006

Headache Day 5

It started as a mild headache on Tuesday morning, and kind of came and went throughout the day. It was never severe, so I just chalked it up to lack of sleep and figured it would be gone in the morning. Wednesday and Thursday are my crazy days, and again the headache came and went. I decided stress and busyness were contributing factors, and figured it would go away when things slowed down.

Friday included three separate trips to town, with office work sandwiched in between, as I tried to catch up on urgent paperwork that I'd gotten behind on during the week. Usually Fridays are relaxing days for me, but with Clint out of town I have business responsibilities. Friday night, by the time I dropped kids off at their activity and headed to "mom's night out", my head was aching. Still, sometimes there would be minutes where the ache seemed to disappear altogether. I headed straight to bed when I got home, determined that a good night's rest would take care of the problem. Saturday it was still there, but mild enough to ignore. But after two more trips to town chauffeuring kids and handling business stuff, and 3 hours of errands to kill time between child pick up and business, my head hurt ferociously. I went to bed even earlier than the night before. I'd found that when I'm resting in bed, my head doesn't hurt at all.

This morning I arose sooo carefully, hoping the ache wouldn't start, but it hit again as soon as I was up and around. I desperately needed to work on paperwork this weekend, but office work is tough with a splitting headache. So I resorted to codeine. Up until now, I'd been sticking to ibuprofen, without success. The codeine made me so nauseous I ended up back in bed, and spent a nauseating but pain free couple of hours watching TV. This afternoon, holding my head gingerly and walking carefully, figuring if I avoided any sudden movements I could keep the thing from coming back, I headed to the office to work on the finances. My head is pounding now. No suprise though. The taxes would've given me a headache anyway, so it's just as well.

I'm not sure what it's going to take to get rid of this headache.

2 comments:

Melonary said...

Hope it goes away soon.

I hate codeine. It either makes me sick or totally knocks me out.

Katrina Gutleben said...

Headaches can really suck. Hope it gets better soon.

Katie