Saturday, April 24, 2004

Quarantined!

I've got a houseful of sick kids! After almost a week of off and on sore throats and stuffy noses(I thought it was hay fever), Shelby and Gillian developed a full blown fever, aches, ear pain and swolen glands illness. Tamzin has it too, minus the fever and aches. Shelby and Gillian spent most of the day in bed.

We have our share of colds, but rarely does it hit this hard. Today they are up and about, but still weak and congested. I'm concerned about keeping the congestion down so that ear or chest infections don't develop. I don't usually worry about that kind of thing, but this virus looks like it's not going to give up without a fight.

Rhiannon is happy as a clam that she's not also sick. Normally she gets every illness we are exposed to, and is the one who is the most ill. I think she may have already had it, since she had a cold over Easter weekend.

At least it's happening all at once, instead of one child at a time.

No comments: