Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Sounds of Music

How nice it is to have the piano in the house again! While I still think it's the ugliest piano on the face of the earth, I don't seem to mind that so much with it in the basement! I resisted putting it in the basement in the first place; somehow a piano seems like an IMPORTANT piece of furniture, and I thought it should be given space in the living room. How I could have confused this piano with valuable furniture is beyond me; my mother in law bought it for $40 from a guy who had it on his front lawn and was about to sledghammer it to pieces to get rid of it...seems it was a remnant of a messy divorce.

Clint didn't want to put the piano in the living room because he thinks the floor can't bear it's 800 lb. weight. So, we decided to put it in the basement family room, with it's concrete floor.

Shelby and Rhiannon are so happy to have the piano in the house now. Wearing hats, coats and gloves to practice piano in 20 degree weather was not exactly encouraging them in the musical arts! It's so nice to hear strains of music wafting up the stairwell when they practice. I love that they wanted to take piano lessons, and stuck with it through this cold, cold winter! Maybe someday I'll take up lessons again myself. I'd like to. I just have a few other projects to finish up first...

No comments: