Monday, July 05, 2004

The Barbeque

I finally got to have a barbeque! I love having a few friends over for a relaxing evening of food, wine and conversation. Many thanks to my friends old and new for coming over and spending the evening with us. My kids had an outstanding time, and are wondering when we're going to do it again.

I think I need practice to be a better hostess, though. I felt like I was running to check on one thing or another just a bit too much. In fact, the party sort of ended and everyone started getting ready to leave while I was in the middle of figuring out why Rhiannon and Lisa were locked in my bedroom, playing in my closet! I think do better at birthday parties, where everything is prepared in advance. But Clint says you can't precook the BBQ food. I think I just need more practice!

No comments: