Saturday, June 26, 2004

Quality...or is it quantity...time

Dad's gone to a reunion in Buckley for a couple of days, so I grabbed the kids and headed off to Playground of Dreams to meet a few other homeschoolers. They had a great time playing in the water area, and lounging together with the moms on blankets in the shade. For me it was great to do something with and for the kids, and to have a bit of mental space.

Having visitors makes me feel mentally crowded, even when they are not the kind of visitor who actively gets in your space. So it was nice to unwind and visit with my friends.

Then I took the girls to see Harry Potter. It was very fun, just a little bit scary in a thrilling kind of way. We missed the show we had intended to see, and so spent a couple of hours doing little things in town...Shelby bought Pokemon cards at Toys R Us, I bought Rhiannon some shorts and Tamzin and Gillian summer sandals at Value Village, had a hot dog and frozen yogurt for dinner at Costco...and then we'd killed enough time and headed to our movie!

Today I'm going to take the girls to the Renaissance Faire, because they REALLY want to go. It will cost as much as the movies to get into, but once inside, we don't spend any money, except maybe on a bite to eat. They love the performers. They like to dress up, too.

I won't get the office work or backsplash grout done while my Dad's gone. That's what I'd intended. But hanging out with my kids is more fun anyway.

No comments: