Thursday, May 11, 2006

One Less Want

There's a lot to be said for delayed gratification. I've been wanting a notebook computer for over a year now. It would be so convenient to be able to do my office work while I'm waiting for the kids at all of their various classes. Multi-tasking, you know. Can't waste a single moment.

I guess being constantly behind and overwhelmed got me thinking this way.

But I'm not quite so behind these days, and I have to say, it's awfully nice to just sit and read, or take care of an errand or two, on my "chauffeuring" days. Buying a notebook computer would make me feel like I had to choose work over reading a book, the way I do most of the time at home. I don't think it's worth it.

I feel like I've just saved a thousand dollars.

But I still want an Ipod.

2 comments:

Melonary said...

I still want a laptop. Probably won't happen for two or three more years, though.

I'm not as sure about the iPod. My nano is only 1 G, but it holds way more than I can listen to in one sitting. I love that I can easily slip it in my pocket.

Unknown said...

I think that a notebook would be nice too.