Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ipod, sprinklers, & curtains

I never blogged about some of my recent acquisitions. While my friends do the compact, or work on minimizing their "stuff", I just keep on acquiring.

For Mothers Day, I bought myself an Ipod. I've been spending my time figuring out, playing with, and loading songs onto the thing. I do that more than I actually use it to listen!

Clint has been hard at work in most of his free time getting sprinklers set up in my garden. I was so busy bumming because he wouldn't start on the front yard, which needs excavation, that I failed to notice how much work he was putting in to my garden space. As I grow my garden, he has been right behind me, adding sprinklers to make watering a breeze.

The biggest suprise is that he says he enjoys it. A year ago he said, "I'm glad you like your garden, just don't expect me to work in it with you." It didn't bother me; I knew he meant I couldn't expect him to be on hand to do the hard stuff just because I wanted it done. After all, it is my thing, not his. And yet, that's exactly what he's been doing. Half my garden now gets watered with the turn of a valve.

My other recent acquisition is new curtains. I've been wanting to get curtains for my bare windows for years. For a while the minimalist look was great, but I wanted to warm up the space a little, and privacy is nice, too. I chose a claret ret velvet, and I love it; usually I get frozen with these types of decisions because I worry so much about making a mistake, and then spending the next 10 years looking at something I hate. But I think I did good this time; I really like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess now you need to update your wish list. CW is the same way. He will make all these wonderful plans with fancy drawings but has actually told me that he doesn't like to get his hands dirty when it comes to weeding. I married such a dandy!

Unknown said...

I love your curtains!

Stephanie said...

I guess I do need to update my wish list now!