Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Secret Garden


I love having the opportunity to see other gardeners' gardens. It helps me with my own gardening to see what someone else has tried, what combinations look good together, what plants they have been successful with, and how they put it all together.

The Secret Garden Tour comes to the Tri-Cities once a year. ACT puts it on as a fundraiser, so the tickets aren't cheap. But it's a great way to see how other gardeners in our area garden.

This year I volunteered as a garden sitter, taking tickets and answering questions at one of the featured gardens. I did get some good ideas, at all of the gardens. I also came away with renewed confidence in my own garden, which doesn't look too bad, even compared to these "choice" gardens, at least to me.

No comments: