Tuesday, June 13, 2006

On to New York

Clint is off on his last tournament of the season (at least for this circuit). This time he's going to New York. The tough part of it is that his truck and boat are still in storage down in Nashville. He will have to fly to Nashville, pick up his boat, and take the 1ooo mile, 22 hour drive to Lake Champlain. Talk about brutal.

Luckily, he's managed to talk a friend into taking the trip with him, so he's going to have company on the drive, and someone to prefish with prior to the tournament. After the tournament is over, they will make the 2,000 mile drive home.

In retrospect, having my husband gone for close to 3 months of the last 6 has not been so bad. We worked harder at being together when he was home, and I got to do things I normally wouldn't have had a chance to so while he was gone.

The hardest part has been that he has not done well in the circuit, which means that financially we will be spending the next year or two paying off the expenses of the trips. It must be incredibly disappointing for him, since his purpose in going was to make money doing something he loves, not create debt that he will have to work harder doing something he doesn't like to pay for.

It's not over yet, though. He still could bring home a paycheck on this last tournament. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Since I saw him Tuesday, I'm guessing he's back.(:

He is the "Mojito Mad Man"

Stephanie said...

You're telling me! You got him on a new drink craze! He loves experimenting with mixed drinks.