Monday, July 31, 2006

Just a Little Farther

Today on my long run I made it to Smitty's Conoco on Bombing Range Road & back. I'm not even sure how far it is; I need to check it. I was scheduled to do 8 miles, but had hoped to do 12. I've been so curious to know if I could make the half marathon distance, which is 13.1 miles. I had 12 figured at Candy Mountain Estates, but things were going well, and I could see the Conoco sign, and it seemed so close, so I decided to go for it.

I was pretty tired the last 2 or 3 miles, but I think I may have run about 13 1/2! Yeah! That means I could survive a half marathon, even though I am slow.

3 comments:

Melonary said...

Doesn't it feel great to meet a goal?

Next time you should try for my house...

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!!!!!

That so rocks!

Dawn said...

Wow, that's so awesome!