Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Yard Sale


I've been wanting to have a yard sale all summer. I've had some stuff I desperately wanted to get rid of, but felt at least some of it was worth too much to give to the Good Will. Clint was reluctant; he thought it would be too much work. Well, so did I, but I wanted to get rid of that stuff!

I'm really happy with how things turned out. We made $190! We sold the saddle & tack for the horse Shelby got rid of about 5 years ago (yeah!). Shelby got the cash for that. Clint sold his old lumber rack...one fewer item junking up our field (yeah!). We sold the Little Tikes play structure & slide that's been way too small for anyone to use in years (yeah!). And lots more of the same kind of thing...stuff we haven't needed for ages.

We gave the kids the money for the stuff that was theirs individually, and yet we still had enough money left over from the sale of community items to take us all to Pirates of the Carribean.

One great thing about a yard sale is it gets the kids thinking about what they are ready to get rid of. After the sale, even if it didn't sell, they are still ready to let most fo their stuff go. I was able to take a carload of 15 boxes & bags of stuff to the Good Will after the sale. We've got the truck loaded up and ready to take another trip. Maybe soon I will never see that ugly old orange chair again.

No comments: