Friday, October 06, 2006


I really miss Munchkin. I have bad dreams that wake me up thinking about her. I know I just have to let go, but I worry about her. Is someone taking care of her? Does she miss us? Is she scared or confused? Does she wonder why we haven't come to rescue her?

I think if she had been hit or taken by a coyote, we would have found a sign of it. We've searched the area and the roadsides several times. She had never wandered beyond our mailbox or our across-the-field neighbor's place, so it's hard to imagine she would have done so this time. We discovered she was missing within 2 hours; how far could she have gone unless someone picked her up? There were no stray Schnauzers taken to Pet Emergency Services, which is what would have happened if she'd been hit and someone had tried to get her to a vet on a Saturday evening. There were no found ads posted in the paper. No one has answered our posters or ads.

I don't bring her up to the kids, but all three of the younger girls have had nightmares or trouble sleeping because they feel sad and wish she were back home with us. It's hard.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I miss Munchkin. *sniffs*

Unknown said...

You know, I think of her during the week too. When we took lily in to be groomed, we saw your flyer on the front desk.):

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you saw the flyer. We sent or took it to every groomer, shelter and vet in town.