Sunday, October 15, 2006

Project Progress


Clearly I don't pay enough attention to my sidebar. I guess I'm not paying that much attention to my blog in general these days.

Anyway, I took a look and...my how things have changed!

My house is now painted! Woot! It happened last month, while I was trekking back and forth to Puyallup with Rhiannon. It took 12 months and half a dozen discussions to make the phone call to a painter, and 2 days to prep and paint the house. Clint thinks I should be more appreciative of a task completed, and all he accomplished(he didn't actually do any painting; he just made the phone call), but I would have loved to have eliminated the waiting and reminding part. OK, I admit, he probably made more like 5 or 6 phone calls. You know, getting two bids, then discussing the bid, then arranging the date to paint. I still think it could have happened sooner. I know, I'm so ungrateful. I admit if I'd wanted it done so badly, I should have made the calls myself. But he's the one with the contractor contacts and the right lingo for getting a good deal.

The house looks great, but the kids are unimpressed. They can't believe I really paint our house boring BROWN. It's actually a lovely shade of tan, and I like it.

Now we are making progress on another sidebar oldie, remodeling the downstairs bathroom. Clint tore out all the old drywall and jackhammered a portion of the floor tile to reveal an old drain that we will be using when we install the bathtub. I've ordered cabinets so we will finally have a place to put towels and toothbrushes (after all the plumbing is done, of course). Now we just need to schedule the plumber & electrician. Clint is supposed to be making the calls...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I like the color. It is subdued. What color were the girls hoping it would be?

Yippie on the bathroom.

Shelby said...

I wanted Gray-blue. However, the brown does look nice.

Unknown said...

Flames....LOL

Stephanie said...

Definitely not flames...we had an experience with a chimney fire last year that took care of any desire along those lines!

Blue, green, purple...they would ahve liked anything but brown or white. Thing is, I've lived in white, yellow, and blue houses, but I've never lived in a brown one...and I figured it would be nice to blend with the environment for a change.