Friday, October 27, 2006

Gutted



This is it. A bathroom remodel in progress. Things are going great.

The plumbers have "roughed in" the plumbing and installed the tub/shower. The electricians have re-wired the wiring. I ordered the vanity cabinets, which came in today. The drywallers are scheduled for Monday, and Clint tells me they will not only drywall, tape, and texture, but also paint. I thought that job would belong to yours truly! I tried to talk him out of it, but he says he just wants to get it done, and that they will be faster.

After that, Clint will install the cabinets. I need to buy light fixtures, a sink and faucets for the sink and tub this weekend(and pick out a paint color...lavender, maybe?). Then, finally, the electrician and plumber will come back to install fixtures, and we will be done!

UPDATE: As of 11/3 we are drywalled, taped, textured and primered. Now it's just paint, cabinets and fixtures, and decorating!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are they theme-ing the bathroom?

We are switching out fairy theme in ours to robots. If you want my art, switch cover, and wall vase, you're welcome to them (:

Stephanie said...

I don't know! I'll have to ask, since I'm letting them plan the decor. Thanks!