Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Happiest of Holidays

This Christmas has been the happiest holiday I can remember in ages. There was no moment when I felt unhappy, or overtired, or overworked, or overburdened, or disappointed, or unappreciated, or stressed.

As I cuddled up with Clint last night, and we recounted the highlights of the day, I was filled with an intense wave of Joy and Contentment. It was the pleasure of having spent a holiday free from sadness or negative feelings.

Which caused me to reflect on why that feels so rare and special. Is it something I am doing that causes there to be unhappy or negative moments in almost every holiday we have?

I will think about that later. For now, I am going to continue to enjoy my perfect holiday, and stretch it out for as long as I can!

No comments: