Sunday, December 26, 2004

To Go, or not to Go?

Normally we head to the cabin immediately after Christmas, sometimes even on Christmas Day. In the past, this was because the Cabin belonged to Clint's Dad, and we would all meet up there for a very fun holiday of visiting and snowmobiling. But now, Clint's Dad is unable to meet us at the cabin. Sadly, his physical conditon is such that long trips are not comfortable for him.

Without Clint's Dad there as an anchor, none of the other extended family members have an interest in visiting the cabin. Last year we went up after Christmas anyway, and spent a wonderful long holiday snowmobiling, sledding, playing games, and just enjoying the pleasure of being together.

This year I was elected to host Clint's families' Christmas Eve function. Between preparing for Christmas Eve, and Rhiannon's birthday(12/23), and last minute Christmas preparations, I felt stressed about getting us all packed to go to the cabin as well. When we realized there was no snow there, we decided to wait and leave today, since that would take the pressure off me to have everything packed (it's not just the clothes, it's needing to prepare for a week's worth of cooking and activities that is so time consuming!).

But today, enjoying the morning here at home, I'm not sure I want to go up there today. We surely will head up there at some point this week, because after this week our regular schedule of activities starts up again, and it will be harder to get away. But I don't know when we will go. I kind of like leaving it as an unknown. Everyone always chastises me for not being more spur-of-the-moment. So now that I want to be spur-of-the-moment, I guess I'm confusing. Why should I decide? How about if we just go...later!?

No comments: