Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Vacationing

I've been loving the last few days. The presence of the new Game Cube has kept Clint and the girls so busy that I've felt free to do whatever I want to do.

This included;
Playing Animal Crossing until Noon in my nightgown
Writing a letter to my good friend in California
Not cooking
Not cleaning (OK, I've done the dishes, taken out the trash, and made my bed, but that's only because I wanted to!)
Blogging
Hauling and stacking wood(it felt great to be outside)
Typing recipes into Publisher (the start of a project that could take some time)

I'm loving taking a vacation in my own house. It's something I NEVER feel like I can do. Maybe that's why I'm reluctant to go to the cabin. I know it will be great there, but I will have to decide in advance what stuff I feel like doing, and then I will have to bring it with me. There will be no phone, computer or satelite. Usually the absence of those things is what I love about the cabin but this time I feel like I will miss them.

Clint will get very grumpy if I keep resisting. He's been terrific this holiday. I took a 2 1/2 hour nap on Christmas Day, and he cooked dinner. I could say "Sure, we'll go to the cabin when you get everything ready". But I'm vacationing, and he's out working in 30 degree weather. I should be willing to help get our family to a place where we can all do something we like.

After all, with no phone, computer or satelite, I could finally get somewhere on Pride and Prejudice, and when the kids are sleeping I can play Animal Crossing. I could even scrapbook, if I have the energy to pack it all up to bring.

No comments: