Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Hubby's back

Clint's been on an 11 day trip to Louisiana. He drove all the way there, fished a tournament, and drove home. Before that, he was home for 5 days, one of which was Thanksgiving, and before that, he was gone on a 9 day trip to California. We have missed him a lot! A few days is fine, I usually appreciate the space, but how do you go three weeks without sharing stuff with your best friend? We talked on the phone more than usual this time, mostly because we were both so worried about him driving cross country in December that I felt it was important to keep checking on him. But I couldn't tell him any of my good news or bad, because he's too distracted to respond much to the good, and it would only worry him if I told him the bad.

It was a really big deal tournament. It was the BASS Open Championship. The top 5 finishers in this competition go to the BASS Classic, which is the superbowl of bass fishing. He finished 20th, so he doesn't get to go to the Classic. Disappointing, but still a respectable finish.

He tells me he doesn't have another tournament until JUNE. I am putting it here in my Blog so I have WITNESSES. So, when he tells me in March that he has a really important tournament and he absolutely must go, and why am I surprised because there are always tournaments in March, I can say..."You said you didn't have another tournament until June. It's in my blog."

I know. It won't matter. Sigh.

That's OK. Probably by March I'll be ready for a couple of days alone anyway.

Maybe if I play my cards right I can get him to finish the remodeling before he takes off again!

What am I thinking? The remodel will never be finished!

No comments: